Just the Data: Eyebrow Trends
By Trendalytics Team · 1 minute read
- The resurgence of Y2K trends has impacted every aspect of the fashion and beauty industries–bringing back many trends thought long gone. This summer, social media and Gen Z consumers are transforming the brow game once again.
- Most notably, skinny brows are making a nostalgia-inducing comeback. A medium volume trend, there are 1.4k average weekly searches for skinny brows, +590% to last year.
- Absent for the trend’s first cycle, Gen Z is driving interest. The hashtag #skinnybrows has 5.9M views on TikTok.
- A safe bet, skinny brows have been growing for a year and are expected to continue growing for another year.
- Consumers are utilizing tools like brow stencils to achieve the perfect shape and size.
- A medium search volume trend, there are 1.4k average weekly searches for brow stencils, +310% to last year.
- Brow stencils are most saturated in the Mass market where the average price is $13 and adoption is +20% in the last 30 days.
- Festival season is in full swing and another early aughts favorite, glitter eyebrows are on the rise–currently experiencing accelerated growth. The hashtag #glittereyebrows has over 222K views on TikTok.
- A low search volume trend, searches for glitter eyebrows are +42% to last year.
- At the same time, simple waxed brows are gaining popularity as consumers shift their focus to skincare and minimal makeup.
- A medium volume trend, there are 4.8k average weekly searches for brow wax, +18% to last year.
- This year-round trend is most saturated in the Luxury market where the average price is $36 and adoption is +3% in the last 30 days.
- Top brands by product count include Benefit Cosmetics, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and e.l.f. Cosmetics.
- Social buzz for brow wax is +12% to last year as brands like Patrick Ta and Fenty Beauty generate engagement with posts mentioning their products. Searches for Patrick Ta and Fenty Beauty are +96% and +60% to last year, respectively.
- TL Forecast: Brow trends like skinny brows, brow stencils, glitter eyebrows, and brow wax are expected to continue growing over the next year with at least 50% confidence.