Just the Data: Retro Sneakers
By Trendalytics Team · 1 minute read
New Balance | Adidas | Nike | Reebok
Driven by 90‘s Nostalgia and Y2K trends, retro styles and silhouettes from the past are resurging to bring back old classics into our current day-to-day lives.
- New Balance Sneakers
- As the Retro trend repopularizes, New Balance’s vintage appearance and classic silhouette make them a go-to for those sporting this style.
- A Top Market Mover, searches for New Balance Sneakers are +41.5% to last year with 54,216 average weekly searches.
- The top three retailers of New Balance Sneakers are Farfetch, Ssense and Saks Fifth Avenue.
- Nike Dunk
- An Extreme search volume trend, searches for Nike Dunk are up +117.8% to last year and are growing at an accelerated rate.
- Collaborations with Travis Scott, Virgil Abloh and Supreme have contributed to this retro sneakers’ rise in popularity.
- This old school style is proving itself as a staple in many wardrobes, as its versatility makes it easy to bring any outfit from day-to-night.
- Adidas Samba
- An extreme search volume trend, searches for the Adidas Samba are +56.3% to last year.
- Market Adoption is +17.6% with 20 products in the market in the last 30 days.
- A Safe Bet, searches for the Adidas Samba have been growing for a year and are expected to continue growing for another year.
- New Balance 550
- A tribute to the 90’s, the New Balance 550 is leading the way as one of the most popular sneaker styles for GenZ, who is ultimately driving interest.
- An Aimė Leon Dore classic, the white and green colorway gains the most popularity as it references the clean and cool retro style.
- New Balance 530
- As post-pandemic styles become characterized by a wardrobe full of athleisure, comfy sneakers and activewear accessories, these “Dad-like” shoes are the perfect addition to accompany an aesthetic driven by ease.
- Rising in popularity through social media, the hashtag #newbalance530 has over 16.1MM views on TikTok.
- Air Jordans
- Offered in a multitude of colorways, the Air Jordan continues to prove itself as one of the most popular sneakers on the market.
- An extreme search volume trend, searches for Air Jordans are +28% to last year, with 570,665 average weekly searches
If you’re interested in becoming a Trendalytics member and want to learn more about trends that are growing—and dying, please contact email@example.com.