Just the Data: Coastal Grandma
By Trendalytics Team · 1 minute read
- The coastal grandma aesthetic is the perfect escape for this summer, characterized by effortlessly classic looks inspired by an ocean-side lifestyle.
- Capturing the attention of Gen Z, the trend is taking TikTok by storm. The hashtag #coastalgrandmother has nearly 95M views and #coastalgrandma has nearly 7M views on TikTok.
- A high volume trend, there are 2.8k average weekly searches for coastal grandma, +4,533% to last year.
- The coastal grandma starter pack includes safe bets like a linen shirt, chino shorts, womens’ loafers, and a straw bag.
- A high volume trend, there are 34k average weekly searches for linen shirts, +73% to last year.
- Linen shirts are most saturated in the Luxury market where the average price is $334 and adoption is +12% in the last 30 days.
- Social buzz for the trend is +12% to last year as recent posts from Ralph Lauren, Monday Swimwear, and Superdry garner engagement on Instagram.
- A high volume trend, there are 12k average weekly searches for chino shorts, +51% to last year.
- Chino shorts are most saturated in the Mass market and top retailers by product count include Next, JCPenney and Macy’s.
- An extreme volume trend, there are 61k average weekly searches for women’s loafers, +41% to last year.
- Women’s loafers are most saturated in the Luxury market where the average price is $674 and adoption is +2% in the last 30 days.
- A high volume trend, there are 16k average weekly searches for straw bags, +45% to last year.
- Straw bags are most saturated in the Fast Fashion market where the average price is $17 and adoption is +13% in the last 30 days.
- Influencer Lex Nicoleta is going viral on Instagram and TikTok for being the coastal grandmother this season as people look to her for wardrobe inspiration this summer.
- TL Forecast: Coastal grandma is expected to continue growing over the next year with 70% confidence.