Just the Data: Back to School Bags
By Trendalytics Team · 1 minute read
- Fall semester of school is just around the corner, and we’ve collected data on the top back to school bags to get this school year.
- Puffy backpacks are a Fall favorite as searches are +61% to last year.
- As a peaking trend, +80% of products are full price in the last 30 days as students are getting ready to go back to school.
- This trend is most saturated in the Off Price market with the top 3 brands being Adidas, Tommy Bahama and No Boundaries.
- Puffy backpacks will be the perfect bag to match puffer jackets and vests as the weather begins to cool off.
- Tote bags are incredibly versatile and are becoming the new bookbag for older students.
- This safe bet trend has an extreme search volume with 447.8k average weekly searches, +98% to last year.
- Social buzz is +35% to last year as tote bags give the perfect grunge, school girl aesthetic.
- An emerging trend for our fashionista students, fringe backpacks are +37% to last year.
- Most saturated in the Specialty/DTC market, brands like Free People and Madewell are capitalizing on this trend by coming out with the cutest fringe bags just in time for the school year.
- A safe bet, clear backpacks are a high search volume trend.
- Clear backpacks are +69% to last year with 20.8k average weekly searches.
- Most saturated in the Fast Fashion market, brands like Shein, Ugg and Asos are pushing this trend.
- Clear backpacks are especially popular as school’s are implementing clear bag rules to ensure the safety of students and faculty.
- TL Forecast: Fringe backpacks, tote bags and clear backpacks are expected to continue growing over the next year with 70% confidence.