Just the Data: Platform Flip Flops
By Trendalytics Team · 1 minute read
The Row | Staud | Alaia | Jacquemus
- It’s sandal season, and puffy platform flip flops are emerging as one of the hottest shoe trends of the summer.
- There are 6.7K average weekly searches for platform flip flops. Searches are +236% to last year and are growing at an accelerated rate.
- Social posts mentioning the slide-style sandal are +150% to last year.
- Platform flip flops are new to market—71% of products are new within the last 3 months.
- The trend is most saturated in the luxury market, where Alaia, Staud, The Row, and Jacquemus play up the versatility of the style with padded straps, chunky platforms, and neutral colorways.
- TL Forecast: This trend is expected to continue growing over the next year with 70% confidence.
If you’re interested in becoming a member and want to learn more about trends that are growing — and dying, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.